Prayer Prompts for DRIVE BY PRAYER - Drive to designated spots and pray the prayer prompts related to the area of influence
"And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father.” John 14:13
Church (Stop in Parking Lot of your Church or a Significant Church)
- Pray for God to provide “all good things,” for new churches and ministries that are being started.
- Pray for spiritual strength and protection for pastors and their families.
- Pray that the Gospel would be proclaimed clearly through all the churches in our area.
- Pray for the church in our community to be filled with God’s love and known for God’s love.
- Pray for Wisdom for churches to nurture their flocks through the Corona Virus
Education (Drive by your Child’s school or the Universities and Colleges)
- Pray for safe and positive learning environments for all levels of education.
- Pray for wisdom in Tuscaloosa City/County Schools strategic plan implementation.
- Pray for educators in the classroom to highlight biblical truth in contrast to secular teachings. (humanism etc.)
- Pray for principals & school board members in your area by name, for the Lord’s wisdom & Spirit to lead and guide them.
- Pray for Christ-followers at schools and college campuses to connect, pray, fellowship and extend the Gospel.
- Pray School administrators as they adjust and make decisions due to the loss of school time with students
Family (Drive by homes in your neighborhood and pray blessings over families)
- Pray that parents would engage relationally with their kids.
- Pray for peace in the home and not physical or emotional abuse
- Pray for God to turn the hearts of parents to their children and of the hearts of the kids to their parents.
- Pray for young fathers and mothers, ages 15-21, to be encouraged and supported.
- Pray for husbands to make God the center of their lives, marriages and families.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to highlight God’s design for sex & empower men & women to live sexually pure lives.
- Pray for our community’s abortion rate to decrease and for the adoption rate to increase.
Government (Drive by the Courthouse and/or city administrative buildings)
- Pray for leaders to make timely and wise decisions for public safety and growth
- Pray for our elected leaders to have God’s wisdom and discernment for projects, policies and future plans.
- Pray for respectful and more fruitful collaboration, communication and coordination among all of the various government agencies and jurisdictions in our community.
- Pray for clear communication and harmony between the government and business sectors.
- Pray for proper care and guidance for veterans and homeless.
- Pray for city & county leaders to provide awareness & solutions to shepherd those struggling with mental illness.
Business (As you drive by businesses, lift up the name of those businesses to receive God’s blessing)
- Pray for entrepreneurs to collaborate with, connect resources for and mentor younger business leaders.
- Pray for the government & business relationship to be respectful and productive for a strong local economy.
- Pray for local core businesses to be financially blessed so that they can provide health care & other benefits.
- Pray for the downtown core: Light, peace, safety and to become more business and professional friendly.
- Pray for Christ-following business leaders to lead with Christ-like integrity & honor the Lord in their businesses.
- Pray for the creation of “above average median” jobs in our community & an increase in the living wage.
Arts (Drive by museums, libraries, music stores, dance studios, etc)
- Pray for Christ-following artists to step out into their gifting as artists and to impact our community.
- Pray for all Christ-following artists to lovingly participate in art shows, galleries, & marketplaces.
- Pray for the Lord to provide new vision, finances and favor on Jesus-honoring artists.
- Pray for the Lord to bless those taking leadership in shaping our children in the arts.
Health Care (Drive by Hospitals, clinics, specialized medicine businesses)
- Pray for safety for health care workers who are treating those with the COVID19 virus.
- Pray for God’s presence to bring a strong sense of the “sanctity of life” in all areas of health care.
- Pray for the Lord to guide our health care community into effective ways to treat the mentally ill.
- Pray for health care providers to have joy and peace in their heavy work load, and to provide their best care.
- Pray for Christian doctors: to be bold in sharing their faith, to learn how to pray with their patients and to seek the spiritual health of their patients.
- Pray for them to mentor younger doctors, nurses and staff.
Police and Fire Departments (Drive by Fire Stations, County Sheriff's building, City police stations)
- Pray for the personal safety of those serving in our police and fire departments.
- Pray for all 911 workers: strength, peace, wisdom, pray for more 911 workers to be hired.
- Pray for the emotional well-being of the families of police and fire department servants.
- Pray for God to expose evil intent, defuse murderous intent and violent acts, replacing them with peace.
- Pray for community support to increase staffing in the police and sheriff departments.
Media (Drive by TV, Radio stations, Movie theater, Newspaper, Magazine businesses)
- Pray for encouragement, job security and peace for those in media.
- Pray for media organizations to have strength & discern how to handle new demands of a changing industry.
- Pray for the Christ-followers to be employed and engaged in local media: newspaper, T.V., radio, etc.
- Pray for clear and truthful reporting in all sectors of local media: TV, paper, radio, internet, and advertising.
- Pray for uplifting & encouraging stories to be highlighted daily & for Christ-like testimonies to be reported.
Sports (Drive by ball fields, stadiums, little league parks)
- Pray for FCA leaders to have favor and grace as they minister to UA athletes.
- Pray for all types of coaches: Kid Sports, YMCA, Middle School, High School, and College: for God’s hand to empower them to teach, encourage and to positively develop character in athletes.
- Pray for role model athletes to be strengthened and to have great influence on other athletes.